The Configuration Manager Sustained Engineering team is pleased to release the winter 2016 update to the System Center Configuration Manager Cmdlet Library. This update adds support for the current branch of System Center Configuration Manager (version 1511 and technical preview 1512) and includes:
- New cmdlets that simplify working with application deployment types.
- New cmdlets that consolidate the “User” and “Device” variants of the collection cmdlets.
- Changes to cmdlets:
- Improved performance for cmdlets that utilize configuration items and applications.
- Configuration item cmdlets (such as Set-CMConfigurationItem) now ensure that they are always using the latest revision of a configuration item.
- Network Access Protection and out of band management (AMT) cmdlets are deprecated on Configuration Manager (version 1511) and higher.
- The Query Result Maximum has been disabled by default.
- Bug fixes and enhancements to specific cmdlets.
You will find more details on the Microsoft Download Center here.
For additional information about the Cmdlet Library, refer to the following TechNet documentation:
You can provide product feedback for the Cmdlet Library on the UserVoice site for Configuration Manager:https://configurationmanager.uservoice.com/.
You may report issues with the Cmdlet Library on the Connect site for Configuration Manager:https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext.